Monday, November 17, 2008

#15 wikis

I just love ONLINE COMMUNITIES!!! Yes we can use that in different way for work related things and projects etc. What a convenient way to communicate. I am already member of different online communities though most of them are not through WIKIES but ORKUT and I have found communities on different interesting things. Living here in America for the last almost 8 yrs, I was not aware of all of the new authors and new books written by Indian authors which are very famous/known in India but not necessarily in USA. These communities helped me learn and know more about my favourite authors and new literaure in different languages that I know. I can clearly see use of WIKIS in Library Services as our branch has already started different discussion groups/forum on it.

No comments: