Friday, October 24, 2008

#14 On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0…

After reading some of the articles, some ideas I think are very interesting and will be revolutionary in the world of information. Some of those are as under:-
*Collecting information in non traditional way:- Ofcourse we need to adapt according to the change and current trends.

*Collect User intelligence:- Just because some one does not work at the library doesnot mean that they donot have good information about books, services and programes. Using their knowledge with our collective knowledge will be very useful in providing excellent customer services, understanding trends and changes in patron use and so many other things.

*Digital collection of journals, books, blogs, podcasts etc. :- Though I already see some collection out there but denfinitely there can be more variety .

*Eliminating the barrier that exist between the patrons and information they need

*Bringing our services to patrons rather than insisting them to come to the library whether physically or virtually.:- Just think of how many people to the Library or the library website versus how many people go to internet to find the same information. I my self have joined some communities online which are making me aware of the popular literature work in some of the foreign languages. I could not find all this through our library website or may be I am still not aware of finding some currents authors and good books in my native language.
So In the end I would like to say that Library 2.0 definitely gives us some thing to think about ways that services, materials and resources can be more accessible, efficient and excellent for our customers and make maximum use of money spent on them.

No comments: